Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Jar is Getting Empty

A friend of mine told me that a good way to help family pass time until your return is to take a small candy item and put it in a jar. A count is done prior to, of the number of days until the happy reunion. So last week we decided to do this. 
Rosario has been kind of sad over the last month and I really needed some way to cheer her up. My travels here in country have really put her on edge. So each night before they go to bed they eat a Hershey's kiss and they get to watch as the jar gets emptier and emptier. 
Being married very young I really didn't think about a lifetime with anyone. I never imagined that anyone could love me as much as my wife. I always tell her that I love her more but I really believe that we have the same love for each other. I just hope she knows and will continue to know just how much that is. It seems that seeing her is the main thing I look forward to. Not saying that family and friends don't rate but just imagine a trip that takes you away from your better half for more than 8 months. The lonely nights, the dreams of bad things happening in your absence, the little things that you never noticed or appreciated that now you must do on your own. The coffee made for you in the mornings, the breakfast made with love as you head out the door, the meals made with love, clean clothes to wear, the cold beer brought to you as you work in the yard, no matter what it is you come to realize what you have when it is gone. 
I hope this will cheer up my sweetheart and I hope that the Hershey's kisses in the jar disappear rapidly.
I love you


Praying for the 15...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just the most beautiful story I have ever heard. I'm so happy that you have that kind of love. It's what everyone yearns for, I'm very thankful that I am also one of the lucky ones. I have you on my prayer list and I do pray for you everyday. Take care and trust in the Lord to keep you safe.