Monday, May 30, 2011

A Friend of Mine

What is a true friend? A true friend finds positive in your faults and accept you for who you are. A true friend has your back even when he should really let you take your “lumps”.

One of my true friends got promoted today. I have known him since around 1992 when we both applied for the same job. He got it and I am thankful for it, as when I signed back up for active duty he taught me things about my job that I needed to become successful.

They say successful people surround themselves with great people. Well, after I became the Brigade PBO, I asked him to come work for me. So yesterday, I watched as he was promoted to E7/ SFC.

The National Guard CSM just happened to be here on a trip and was able to stop in and do the honor. This is a great soldier very deserving of his next rank.  Please join me in congratulating our newest SFC and my friend. 



 Praying for the 18

1 comment:

Honey Bear said...

Congratulations to your friend!