Saturday, March 05, 2011

Looking at the bottom of the Jar

So here I sit, the jar so empty that  I can hear her expression of joy that I am home. I wonder if perhaps I have changed so much over the last eight months that she will not recognize me from the changes that I have made. Mostly if I have changed it would be unintentional. My mouth is bad. The profanity that comes from it embarrasses me. I have finally begun to pay attention to it. Hopefully I can leave that on the battle field when I return home.

So in a short time I will sit in one long line after another waiting impatiently for my name to be called so I can line up like a duck in another line and wait. Then a short flight to Kuwait where we will wait longer. Then another line then more praying, please Oh please call my name, then a 16 to 20 hour plane ride which I can remember from the last trip made my tailbone feel like it would burst out of my stomach.

Sitting in the coach seats of the plane for 16 hours will bother me. The on again off again naps followed by something that the airlines call a meal (actually that sounds good right now) then a shave in an Air plane at half a million feet above the earth and then US DIRT…. Coming home if only for a little while…..

Praying for the 16

No comments: