Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gone "MAD"

So I sat in the Passenger Terminal for 36 hours. Eating on occasion but not really eating correctly. Wondering, waiting, then once again I hear it over the loud speaker "flight is canceled". I am sick of this. I do not understand how hard this could be. Have a flight that, each day will pick up soldiers and return them to their loved ones and bring them back in two weeks.

Slept in my own bed last night, here, not my own bed at home. I went back to the terminal this morning to inquire about a flight.

The Air Force female across the desk with a hint of sarcasm and a whole lot of happy responds "NO FLIGHTS COME BACK AT MIDNIGHT". This will be the third midnight I have heard that. Is it wrong of me to want to jump over the desk pick her up by her neck and inquire about her leave. I would be willing to bet that she had already been or that she only comes here for three months and then goes home.

I have been here for over 8 freakin' months. Is it too much to ask that someone schedule a flight. It is not just for me but for the other triple digit number of troops who want to go home too. So here I sit in the office with nothing but home on my mind. Knowing that I will miss out on most if not all of spring break with my family, which means no road trips since Todd will be in school.

Rewind, I did not choke her just so you know, in my world thinking bad things is a part of life since saying and doing them can really "alter my future".

Praying for the 16

No comments: