Friday, April 08, 2011

Today Was Payday. . .

I am fortunate to have a wife who understands the value of a dollar. For most of my married life I have been given an allowance. Yes I am the one who makes the money at this point. The only income but she is “My Banker”. Now 22 years later I can say that we do not live paycheck to paycheck.

However that does not mean that being a world away doing my job in harm’s way that I am willing to do this for free. I love my country. I will stand and defend her “against all enemies foreign and domestic” but my country must provide me with the support I need for my family. A PAYCHECK.

In a speech in Iraq one of the highest members of our military said if the government shuts down we will receive a 1 or 2 week paycheck and if the shutdown continues we will not get paid.

My country sent me to a Combat Zone away from my family to support a war that to me is kind of questionable. I do not question my orders, I do as I am told and now I face the threat that my paycheck will end, for a while.

We, my family, will be okay but my young soldiers might not be. Some of them have families at home who depend on this paycheck to arrive as scheduled. This is more reason for all involved to know politics, study the candidates and make educated decisions on who you want controlling our government.

A friend of mine has a picture showing the US FLAG flying upside down. When I asked why I was told that it represents the direction our country is heading. The flag flying upside down is a sign of distress… right now MY COUNTRY is in distress…

Praying for the 18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading that a compromise was reached and government will not shut down. But I have not seen the details of that. I am also seeing FB posts from numerous people saying they will NOT vote for any incumbant currently in political office, regardless of party affiliation. Removing the entire Legislative body, seems like a good idea to me.