Sunday, April 03, 2011

Peacefull Bliss

As I walked through the airport looking for her, I noticed people who really seemed oblivious to the world around them. Some were arguing about dumb things like taking their dog on the plane and about their coffee being improperly made. Freedom is not free and my forefathers, and I can proudly say,  I,  have fought for these people’s rights to complain about coffee and pet rights. I am happy to be home.

As I come to the escalator overlooking the baggage claim area I began to scan. I know she is here but where is she. As I start down the escalator I spot her. She is wearing a zebra striped dress with long boots that disappear under the bottom of the skirt. OMG I thought I was going to fall off the escalator. Eight long months since I have seen her.

We went to one of Todd’s friends house to pick him up. Rosario was being a bit stingy when I told her when I was coming home and left Todd there. He has gotten so tall. He is about an inch taller than I am and still only 13 years old. Kind of wonder if he will ever stop growing. I have a great family that I sometimes forget just how lucky I am. Thankfully, the good Lord let me come home.

We spent the first full week visiting all over the state. The only family we did not manage to squeeze in was the Amarillo family, will do that upon my return in a “half a jars worth” of time. Saw everyone who lives off I-20 from Ft Worth to Abilene to Odessa.

In Ft Worth spent time with MoM and PoPs and Sheri and Perry and family. I made Sheri’s kids a deal that if they made straight A’s I would give them 50 bucks. Well before I left Jacob beat me out of 50 and Brenden got it done just prior to my return, so I had to pay up there too. Hope they will continue on the path of Good Grades. I am sure little Ms. Emma will beat me out of 50 as well. My parents are doing well and I was introduced to the newest member of their family. The long eared Rat. I think she can hear people talking in the next city with those monstrous ears.

In Abilene I met my newest granddaughter, Brianna, for the first time. She did not cry when I held her, I was so thankful for that. I was really worried she would be afraid of me.  She really is a beautiful baby. I am so proud of my son and daughter-in-law. Life seems to be coming together for them. I also was able to spend lots of time with Amorina and Ryan. Ryan is a little man. He has learned short sentences that Rosario and I spent the week using. Like “what r u doin” and “I don know”, spelled that way on purpose. It was so awesome.  Rina is growing like a weed. Russ will most definitely have to stick with it to ensure she grows up to be a good little girl. I love my grandkids.

The last week home was spent taking care of some small honey do’s and lots of time spent with my wife and Todd. I did not want to spend a minute away from Rosario or Todd. Wish he would have been out of school for both weeks but it did give Rosario and I some time together. Rosario has done a fabulous job decorating our house without breaking the bank. The one thing that I did not get done for her prior to leaving was hanging some more decorations on the walls. That is MY JOB so I will get that done upon my return.

As time started winding down I began to feel the effects of “crap I gotta go back”. Kind of like swallowing a basketball. Just a constant swollen spot deep in your gut that cannot be swallowed. The only way I could get around it was to keep busy.

My MoM and PoPs came down for the weekend and we had a great time going to junk sales, I mean Garage Sales… did not buy a lot but that is something I really enjoy doing and it is good quality time spent looking at other people stuff. At one Garage sale I volunteered to help a lady move her 46 inch “old style” TV from the second floor of her house down to her garage sale. I believe that PoPs and I both injured ourselves but we are both too hard headed to let it show too much. That was one heavy TV and I regret offering to assist, but we did get our 2 dollars worth of stuff for free. Not really worth it though.. haha.

Boarding call for flight blah blah, to DFW, I turned and looked at my beautiful wife who I had come to know again over the last two weeks and said, “This is not going to be a long good bye”. I got up and walked to the gate after a couple of kisses it was over. I had a great leave and really cannot remember a happier time in the last two years. As the TV commercial says, “I LOVE THIS WOMAN”.

Life is good

Praying for  18

1 comment:

Me said...

Thank you for sharing your leave with us...both in person and on your blog. Love you.