Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thanks giving

Some people would think that a soldier far away from home would have problems around Thanksgiving. It really for me is quite opposite. The endless days and loneliness and the effects of these broken people recovering from 30 some years of atrocities in itself provides a great reason to give thanks. God has granted me the chance to help out people who at one time where to afraid or “beat down” to help themselves. I am thankful that I did what I did when I signed up. I am glad that I was given the chance to make a difference in my own little way.
From a distance I see my life back home and each day I become more and more thankful that I met my wonderful wife. Without my wife and kids I do not think I would be half the person that I am now. They have seen the “evil” in me and stood by me. They have supported me from a distance and will stand up for me in my absence. I feel as if I have given my oldest child all of the love and care that I could. I have examined and realized that I have neglected my youngest child.
I grew up in a home full of love. There was never any doubt that I was loved. All families have small issues that sometimes seem to consume them. The true families that make it through learn from these things and get by them as mine has and always will. Just as God forgives and forgets he expects us to do the same.
These things I have come to realize from a distance and I thank God that I have been given the chance to return home to the love of family and friends. Thank God for All things for without him we are but dust.

Time has not ended but life and Thanksgiving are endless…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Thank God for All things for without him we are but dust". Amen!