Saturday, May 14, 2005

Already There

How is it possible to be somewhere that you are not? I, am already there.. My mind has been home for a couple of weeks but my body flies out in a few days. I am already there. Can't eat can't sleep can't work all I do is think about home and the joyous reunion that is upcoming. The excitement builds, but the days just stopped. There is a feeling of uneasiness that has come over me in these last few days. It is like the first time you ride a thrill ride. You are scared but excited all at the same time. I feel this. I am excited but scared. Will my kids know me? Will my wife feel as I do like a stranger. Will my dog bite me on the leg? As the journey home begins I have already started to map out the days. Vowing not to sleep for the entire time I am there. I want to spend every bit of time possible with family. I want the days to drag by slowly. I want the two weeks to last a life-time. As I prepare for the long trip I know deep down inside that I am Already there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having you home, if only for a while. :)