Saturday, May 21, 2005

Shannon Ireland

We stopped in Shannon Ireland to refuel and get a new group of flight attendants. What a beautiful place. Full of green rolling hills and water. I of course found a coffee shop and had a regular coffee for the low price of 2.30. What a bargain. NOT!!! It was good though. Now at the 50 hour mark of this little excursion. I still have the feeling that we are still not safe. Each time I stand I get this empty feeling like something is missing from my right side. My 9 MM had been there without fail for a couple of months and now I feel incomplete each time I stand. I do however feel this starting to fade a bit but when I do notice it is gone it sets my mind in a panic to figure out where I left it.
9 Hours to Dallas then a short 50 minutes to heaven. Can’t wait but have to….
Red eyed GI’s, Home if only for a little while. As the plane finally touches down on U.S. soil simultaneous applause erupts from the soldiers anticipating the upcoming reunions. Thank God we are back.
The fire Dept at the airport set up two fire trucks on each side of our approach to the terminal and shot water cannons over the plane in a “water salute”. Maybe we are appreciated more than we think.

No comments: