Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mr or Sir????

Awesome opportunity. I have the chance to apply for the job in the military that I have always wanted. I think I would be good at it. The problem is that I am unsure as to whether or not it is what I want to do anymore. The last year has clouded my judgment and made my outlook kind of weak. This job would turn me into one of the most respected ranks in the military in my opinion. I would become a Warrant Officer. This rank means simply put that you are the best in your field. I have seen good and bad Warrants during this adventure. However even the bad ones have their useful moments. I know that I could be a good one. I am stuck, as to what I should do. The problems are a move to the Big City of Austin, and the school. I am too old to go to a “basic training” type school again. What am I to do? I do not enjoy being yelled at. I do not have to be yelled at to get someone’s point. This is by far one of the hardest schools the military has to offer at my level. I just do not know. I do know that it is an all or nothing jump. The decision I make today I will have to live with tomorrow. I do not want to give up the house that I have put numerous hours of elbow grease and love into. The house that gives me so much pride when my wife says “I like my house”, but the prestige of becoming a Warrant (like Johnny) brings a great sense of accomplishment to my mind. Decisions Decisions. Lord I pray to you that you will help with the future of my family and help me with the decisions at hand. Assist me in making the right one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT!!!!

PoP

Anonymous said...

Your decision should be one that when you look back on your life, you can say, "I don't have any regrets, I did all I wanted/needed to do...I LIVED life 100%." Good luck with your decision.
Dyanne Kuster=)

Anonymous said...

If it is one thing I've learned my whole life it is that life is anywhere so long as you have the support of family and you are all in it TOGETHER. When you do have the support any family or anyone and accomplish anything. Look at what you've done so far. Not many people can get through what you and your wife already have. Good luck, keep praying, but don't forget to listen!