Sunday, September 04, 2005

Thank you

Kind people,

We are still here. We work daily in an effort to provide freedom and ensure that our country remains free and as terror free as possible. I cannot speak for all soldiers but I know, that the vast majority of the people at home support us. I assure you that I share the wonderful cards and kind words sent by you with my fellow soldiers. The out-pouring of support received by family, friends and strangers alike is a testimony to the great foundation that our nation was built on. It gives me great pride to serve my country but it makes it just that much better to know that we are supported by those who matter.

We are, however, all to aware of the protestors who disagree with what we do here. We see them on the news mostly when we eat chow. She says she wants to meet with the president or they say no blood for oil. I say to them if there is no reason for us to be here then by all means come here on vacation. Come visit the very places that do not need our help. Maybe upon return to our wonderful country these people would appreciate their freedoms a bit more.

Anyway I wanted to send this letter and say thank you for supporting us over here. My parents tell me that you don’t know what to send in support of us here. In light of recent events I say take care of the home front first, donate time and effort to help out the victims of the hurricane and just keep supporting the soldiers in thoughts and prayers. We do what we do so you can do what you do. We are fighting for freedom for all. Thanks for the prayers. I know "He is watching over us".


THANK YOU




Your husband, father, son, brother, friend,

Jerry Biggerstaff
Somewhere, Iraq

No comments: