Saturday, September 03, 2005

Touchy Subject

The world is consumed with hatred? by whom?

As I sit and watch the events of the aftermath of the Hurricane unfold I sit in a somber sadness. I never once thought it would be said that the rescue efforts or delay of rescue efforts had something to do with race. Apparently there are some people who believe that the reason the relief is delayed to this disaster area has something to do with skin color. These accusers know nothing of what is going on and seem to have no concern to find out. I don’t know everything about this either but lets see this is the “worst disaster” in America since the early 1900’s. Some how this becomes the fault of whom? There was not much of a disaster plan in place and now that the relief is starting to arrive will we hear apologies from these “prejudice conspiracy pushers”. No we won’t we will continue to hear the same.

Shoot to kill orders have been given now. Shoot another American? This would be difficult but it comes down to who is shooting at whom and who shot first. I think with all that is going on that I am safer here than I would be at assisting in Hurricane relief efforts. The looters and the shooters shooting at the very rescuers who have been sent to help people in a dark hour. Alot of the population of Lousianna is dirt poor and some of these people are looking for a free hand out or to loot their way to a better lifestyle.

I am not a person to judge someone by the color of their skin. I know that there are good and bad in all people in all walks of life. I have been raised to know and understand that there is no difference in the ethnicities of people only in lifestyles and upbringing. I do not pretend to accept or agree with what was done to people brought from Africa and forced into labor in the States. I am thankful that the world is not like this any longer?

Mr. Lincoln did the right thing when the slaves were freed. But will everyone ever be considered equal. It saddens me to think that in this century people still think of differnces in color instead of judging people for who they are. People of all walks of life need to grow up and remember that all men where created by one God and that there were no differences then and there are no differences now. As far as no support being sent because these people are black I say that this is just a misguided perception of small few to cause an uprising among an already disheartened people. Please pray for these people as I do and will continue and if you find it in your heart to donate or help out in anyway I am sure that it will be appreciated and that the rewards received in Heaven will be greater than can ever be imagined…..

1 comment:

Chief JPB said...

The word ID added to the comments is to eliminate auto comments like the one above. It is hard to believe that we have progressed so far as to receive automatic junk mail.