Friday, September 16, 2005

Stop kickin' them around

THis is a question I recieved on email that I had to think to think about before I answered.
Hey there. After reading your latest entry in the blog today, I was wondering if you feel like these people will be able to defend themselves after the US pulls out or are you worried that someone else will step in and try to take over for Sadamm? Bush says these people aren’t ready yet, but are getting there and other news people think everything that is going on is not worth it. Seeing as you’re closer to the situation than most I was curious about your personal thoughts on the matter. –J.

I had to think a little on your question so as to answer it in a way that I believe fitting. SO here goes..



I believe that these people are wimps. They have been kicked around for so many years that they will need some support for a little while. It is kind of like that bully scenario I painted in my blog. I know all too well about the bully. See they pick on you they beat you up down and just break you down. Some without ever touching you. Then when you get your fill when you have finally had enough you stand up to him them whomever. Problem is these people did not do this for themselves. They had to have help to beat up this bully. So now they are trying to come out of the shell of fear. This shell is tough to remove as they have become accustom to living in it. I do believe that they will take over some time but as Mr. Bush says they are not ready yet. They are coming around. People(here) are reporting things that they never would have. Telling on a bully has repercussions but eyes are opening and they are beginning to see that they will have to stand for themselves on their own. All we have done is liberate, the rest is up to them but we will provide in essence security until it is done. The news media would have all believe that what we do here is not good. I am not sure why but lots of things just make no sense. I do know that if a bully on the block was picking on people I would stand up for my neighbor even if it meant repercussion. But that is why I am a soldier and some people are not.. Hope this makes sense. This is yet another one of those “touchy subjects”. Take care j

This holds true in many stances of life. The bullies can be anyone knowing or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people there are probably much like the Negro in America was when they were set free. Because they had always lived in a sort of protection, they had no idea how to be free. Even though they had been slaves, the owners did feed and clothe them and provide shelter. When they were freed, many did not know how to provide those things for themselves. Much like a child growing up and leaving home, the child doesn't know how to take care of himself in the beginning. Many times the learning is very painful.

Anonymous said...

Surprised to see my question on the blog. Thanks for taking the time to answer it. I often think about things like that while trying to go to sleep.

Hadn't heard how the nicotine withdraw has been going lately. Still trying to stop?