Thursday, November 18, 2010

50 pounds of "stuff" in a 30 pound bag

In my 20 some odd years of military service I have learned numerous things. One thing I have learned is how to pack. I can squish and fold and roll and push and squish more until I can get 50 pounds of "stuff" in a 30 pounds sack. But I have to admit that this week I learned that you can put a full shopping cart load of goodies in two small postal service boxes. I received two boxes yesterday from Grandma Connell and Aunt June in Amarillo. 
When I picked up the boxes I realized their weight. Upon opening these boxes I realized that I know nothing about packing. I am going to give you a list of items in these two small boxes. 5 or 6 Industrial size tubes of toothpaste. Two containers of coffee (1 1 pound and 1 3lb) 2 boxes of granola bars, 8 to 10 packs of gum (my favorite by the way) one large bag of trail mix. 7 Movies most of which I have not seen or will really enjoy watching again. 20 to 30 bags of hot cocoa and enough to tea to throw a tea party for the whole unit. 
Great job Grandma and June in shopping and packing this box it will last us for a while.... a long while....
And all the Soldiers Say Thanks Grandma and Aunt June.

No comments: