Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010, what am I thankful for:

I am thankful for the sirens that blare in the wee hours of the morning. INCOMING, INCOMING, INCOMING.
I am thankful for the concrete barriers that protect us as much as possible.
I am thankful that the mortars are guided in by ALLA and that he is a bad shot.

Seriously though:
I am thankful that I have an understanding God and that he loves me.
I am thankful that I have family back home who are waiting for my return.
I am thankful that I was provided with a wife who shows me unconditional love even though I am a bonehead on occasions (okay, more often than not).
I am grateful that my children are growing up in a home where they are taught right from wrong.
I am grateful that my oldest son finally is beginning to understand the meaning of life and that his wife is there by his side.

The majority of the things I am grateful for are back in the states, but here I am thankful that I do not live in a tent and that my job does not call me to kick down doors or travel the dangerous roads of this place. I am thankful that I have friends who push me to do the right things, no matter how hard they might be.

No comments: