Thursday, November 18, 2010

A card of Hope...

I received a card at the same time I received the boxes from Grandma and Aunt June. This card was so special that it deserved its own entry. Sometimes in my blog I express feelings of the moment or feelings that last but this card touched on one of my blogs of a fearful heart. I am not sure which but this card from Dawn is one that was most definitely to lift the spirits. 
               She Writes" 
Jay,
Hi, just thought I would drop you a few lines to say "hi". I just got home from work. I was  getting ready to go to the gym. (ha,ha) And I thought about you. God laid this on my heart to share with you. I don't know why, but I know that God knows. :) I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said "courage is not the absence of fear." Well... me I have always been afraid of the dark. However right after I got saved God showed me this verse:" For God has not given us the spirit of fear: but of power and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7 Anytime I feel afraid I just say that verse and I find comfort in God's word. Another Good verse is: "be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." Psalms 31:24 
However my two favorite verses are these: "Casting all your care upon Him: for he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 and Jesus said "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5
Mom, was telling me that on your blog that it sounded like your spirits were down. Well I hope this lifted your spirits. Stay safe and be careful.

Praying for you and Rosario always
Your cousin,
Dawn :)

Yes, my spirits are lifted. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." Nelson Mandela.

I learned a long time ago that fear is a healthy emotion that will warn you of impending  disaster or problems. When I talk of fear I assure you that it is a passing emotions as I cannot and refuse to walk anywhere in fear. I do go through a range of emotions as do most soldiers. The one that gets me the most is lonely. Even being surrounded by friends lonely is a hard one to shake. The only cure for lonely is my wife and soon enough we will cure each others lonely.

One Bible quote about fear that I really like is from John 14:27 "Let not your heart be troubled or fearful". But of course as a soldier my favorite verse is John 15:13 " No greater Love has no one that, this that he lay down his life for his friends.

Dawn, keep up the words of encouragement and may all who read this be encouraged. For in him all things are possible...

No comments: