Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Go ahead and laugh, Man my toe hurts.

Throughout my blog I have talked of hitting the wall, well now I want to tell you about kicking the wall.

I stood on the median of the highway just outside of Baird Texas. The grass was green and the breeze was cool and blowing. I leaned on the back of my truck and was just admiring the world and reflecting on life, when I noticed a Rhino coming up the service road in my direction. A Rhino is a tan armored bus that resembles a Recreational Vehicle. As I followed this massive vehicle as it climbed the hill The M249 machine gun on the top came to life. As I checked the area I noted the target. The target was pigeons. Thousands and thousands of pigeons feathers flying everywhere. As the vehicle disappeared I quickly noted three Iraqi’s approaching me slowly. One of them was carrying an Ak-47 assault rifle. One of the other two leaned in and said something to the weapon yielding civilian at that he quickly turned and started firing into on coming traffic. Startled by the fired I grabbed my M4 rifle and began to load a magazine. As I slapped the magazine home one of the Iraqi’s grabbed my weapon and tried to wrestle it away from me. We struggled for a minute and then since I was unable to pull it from his grasp I decided to kick him. I rared back and kicked him with all my might. I was awaked by the sound of my foot crashing into the wall with a loud thud. I laid there for a second and then the pain hit me. In my odd dream I had struggled and then kicked the wall full force shoving my big toe far back in its socket. Now I am limping around and have actually been good for morale as I tell my story and let everyone enjoy the laugh. Man my toe hurts.

No comments: