Monday, October 10, 2005

Scared of the Dark?

Tonight we (a couple of friends and I) were invited to one of the 1sg's house for dinner. He made steaks and potatoes with Brat wurst. It was awesome. After we ate and talked awhile we decided it was time to leave. We rode our bikes over with the sun up, but when we walked outside it was dark. We decided to go ahead and ride back to the house in the dark. As we began to ride it hit me that it was odd that we were riding in the dark, in a combat zone and then if you add the fact that we shadowed the exterior wall of the camp on the way homen well crazy I guess some would say. It has become common occurance. It is as if we are not in any danger. We hear the loud booms but can tell they are in the distance. Life here has become just that life. I think it is called complacency. The thoughts of home comings seem to outweigh the thoughts of danger. Well we made it home tonight just fine and I just thought I might share the interesting ride in the dark.. I do not think I would even do this dark ride in my home town at night.

No comments: