Friday, October 07, 2005

Past Post updates.

As I sit here bright and early this morning (after 3 cups of coffee) I think back on this adventure. Things are kind of in a ground hog day pattern again. You know the “today is Monday yesterday was Monday” thing. It is getting monotonous and old. I re-read my blog and realized that I have not given some updates on some of the things I have talked about.

The inspections went well. I passed with flying colors. No deficiencies. I received a “Coin” for my efforts. A coin is an on the spot award for doing an outstanding job on something important. This was the first coin I had ever been awarded and it felt good.

Snuff, Copenhagen, dip, Tobacco: haven’t had any since the day I quit back in August I think it was. I am started to feel better about things and my mind is unusually clear. I have come to realize things are better without it. There are however days when it is really bad. The guy who sits at a desk right beside me tried to quit but failed. So I get to watch as he is constantly putting this nasty stuff in his mouth. Maybe this is a test to ensure that I never pick this habit up again.

In-laws. Both of my in-laws are doing better. They are both at home now and hopefully they will stay in good health for a while longer.

Russ is doing well in College. It is hard to believe that when this started he was a high school senior and now he is a college freshman. He seems to be doing very well and he is also working so he is finally getting a taste of life. I as a father could not be any prouder of him.

Todd struggled a bit through the first six weeks of school. Third grade is different and he must work a bit more than he did in years past. I think he is finally getting a handle on it. Todd and I are growing ever distant as he does not like to talk to me or anyone for that matter on the phone. There is an echo on the line when we talk and I know that he has a hard time with it as I do too. I cannot wait to get back home and spend time with the little guy.

Rosario is doing well. She is on a health kick that has me a bit worried. I have not been a very healthy person and now it seems my diet will change. I know that it is a good thing. I just hope that my favorite foods can either be made healthy and taste as good or that we can still enjoy them in moderation. I really love tacos enchiladas and big greasy hamburgers with bacon and cheese and well now I have done it. I have made myself hungry for something that I cannot get here. The mess hall has hamburgers but not like the one I am talking about. A double Whata Burger with cheese and all that good unhealthy stuff, with a chocolate shake for desert, large of course, now that is a meal.

Well that updates the blog for now. Hopefully some excitement coming up soon. If so I will let you know in here. Till then Pray for the troops especially the family of Steve Morin Jr.. Pray for families to be able to get over what has them torn apart from hurricanes to deployments let them all get back together as soon as it is possible. God bless j

No comments: