Wednesday, October 12, 2005

just thinkin'

As you sit at home with fear in your head
A soldier lies alone somewhere in his bed
He hopes he can go home in his dreams at night
Happy thoughts of home that end at morning light

Life for him is slow and full of repetition
No one helped him obtain his position
See it cost them a signature to do what they do
Soldiering is not for everyone, is it for you?

Training for years and learning a job
Learning how to deal, with an angry mob
Praying that the training received will never be used
Praying that people will never be abused

Then one day it happens a call up and then fear
We wonder sometimes “what the hell are we doing here?”
This feeling does not come often or even everyday
Because we mostly know that we are showing the way

People are free in this country for now
Some want us to pull out I ask just how.
How could we leave them half trained and unaware
Pray for this country and their freedom to share

I, I mean we, will surely return
Sharing some stories about what we did learn
One thing for certain I tell you with pride
The people are thinking and do not wish to hide

Life love and happiness is freedom to me
I will return to my freedoms one day you’ll see..


SSG B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Sincerely hope you will return safely and soon.