Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Chill in the Air makes me think of there.....

There is chill in the air tonight. A thought that time has finally passed, that just maybe, we can begin to think of home again. It is not time as of yet but we will not know until the last minute to continue to cast an inkling of doubt in the eyes of the enemy. The temperatures have begun to drop to a chilly 55 or so degrees at night. I know now that I am acclimatized as 55 degree is too cold to venture out without some sort of cold weather gear. Today the high was around 85 degrees but never seemed to really warm up. This happened all of a sudden. It was a quick change. One day it was 105 and the next it was cold. It blew in upon us and reassured us that we have been here for a while. The desire to get back to normal growing but trying to maintain some sense of reality that we are still here and not leaving anytime soon becomes a daily ritual. My dreams have returned to me. I sleep the whole night through but I must toss and turn as I wake up sleepy and groggy. Won’t be long but will be awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked the new pictures on your blog site! And hope that your statements about returning soon are very accurate. In the one picture is the yellow weapon a toy, or real? My sons have had weapons at times that looked like toys, but were really not. The temperatures there are very much what we have been having here. Just for the past week. It, too, came very quickly but I'm very glad to have cooler temps. God bless and keep you safe. Always!

Chief JPB said...

The weapons picture are not toys they are the real thing. I often wonder if they could tell stories would they tell stories of horror.