Thursday, October 28, 2010

Give one another day

I woke up this morning and I was still here. I was hoping that my bad dream had ended. I keep thinking that just maybe if I sleep a few minutes longer that I will wake up in my big bed at home with my beautiful wife beside me, but it has not happened yet. 

I have found encouragement through the words of my Friend John P. He is a Christian and has challenged me to study my Bible. He attends the Church of Christ services with us and asks all kinds of questions, as he comes from a Baptist background. (he also attends a Baptist Service). I really like his questioning as it sheds a new light on what is biblical and what is "just because." 

As I study and learn more about religion I find that all religions have their "just because" elements. As people walk through life they chose a religion that fits them and soon they will see that the "just because" in some denominations outweigh the scriptures.  I have moved around to many different Churches in the last twenty years of my life and sometimes I moved because of the "just because" and other times because of someone preaching opinion or talking down on people.

 Religion is a choice, you can choose wherever, whenever and however or chose not, but you have still made a choice. God knows your heart and that is what will count in the end.

No comments: