Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Yeah! Right!"

We need more high paid civilians and less soldiers.

This week's blog is twofold. First it seems that the military should change its name to the civilian Army or something. There are more civilians here than service members. They run everything from the dining facilities to the Gyms to the Phone centers to the sleeping arrangements for the soldiers. They are everywhere. Some of them know their jobs and that is great. Some of them DO NOT know their jobs and make it difficult on us. I am tired of trying to convince a civilian that he or she is wrong and that the Regulation says so. One of these civilians and I got into a pretty heated discussion about his ignorance. He is supposed to be the "all knowing" and instead and is the "make it up as you go" person. If there are rules in place then these civilians should have to follow them.

Now on sleeping arrangements, we live in 20 foot metal boxes. There are two sets of bunk beds and three wall lockers in each room. The clearance from the top bunk to the ceiling is 2 and 1/2 feet except where the A/C is ducted into the room and then it is only 1 and ½ feet. Now we are being told by a civilian and One Army guy that we must put three people in this tiny room. We will not talk about the fact that some of us are experience the old age syndrome and just the thought of climbing on a top bunk makes my hip pop out of socket. Here is a thought put these rule makers, three per room, where they live smelling soldiers feet, flatulence and body odor after a hard day. Make them stay in this room for a year at a time and see how long it takes them to change the policies.

The next topic is one that I have spoken of many times. I am a National Guard soldier. I joined the National Guard to guard my nation, not to come to a combat zone. I however "stand ready to defend my country against enemies foreign and domestic". I am here where Active Duty units are and I think we are pretty darn successful at the job we are here to do.

I AM TIRED of the Active Duty looking down on us like we are plague or not worthy to stand on this ground. They look at the Unit patch on your sleeve before they speak to see just how they will speak to us. I am tired of the stupidity that is thrown at us because we are National Guard.

Let me say MR. ACTIVE DUTY soldier if it was not for us you would be in Combat Zones more often. We fill in with rotations that give you an earned break. So before you look down on me know that I have 21 years of faithful military service, I have been to both Combat Zones and I know my job just as well as you do. So I recommend you show US  the same respect as you show your active duty counterparts. Cause you never know when you will need us to have your back.

Sorry for the angry words but ENOUGH is ENOUGH....

No comments: