Sunday, October 31, 2010

Patience

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.
Proverbs 15:18


Patience is a virtue I do not pretend to possess.
Lots of time in life, this has led to unhappiness.
Today I prayed for a little patience in the hopes of some peace.
I pray that my ruffled feathers and anger will shortly cease.


I pray for understanding as I carry on this day.
I pray that the ones who make me mad stay out of my way.
I hope that God can hear me as I plead from here below.
I say that he can give me what it is I need to grow.


Lord if it is your will, I leave this in your hand.
With your help I will get through it, yes I know I can.
With you on my side there is nothing I can't win.
And all the folks in the congregation reply with a big AMEN!

No comments: