Saturday, August 14, 2010

Here we go again.

12 July 2010

The thoughts of hopelessness, the thoughts of helplessness. The desires to retire, the questions about return, why do we do this for a country that appears to sink further and further into a an unappreciative bunch of un-Godly protesters?

There was no silent warning this time. They just came right out and told us, you are deploying. At first I thought it very funny because we were supposed to go right back to the same place we were before. If you followed my last blog then you know the location and you also know that I said I would NEVER return there, that WAS funny till the change, the change of President, the change of location for our focus on Terror. So this time next year, God willing, I will have a “t-shirt” from both locations. Ha
Since I quit blogging in Iraq in 2005, I have achieved some of the goals I spoke of there. For example I am a Warrant Officer now. A Chief Warrant Officer 2, I am one of the fortunate ones that my wife stuck with me through of all the crap that we went through upon my return. A returning soldier is very difficult to live with. My youngest Son Todd is now an 8th grader who received Exemplary Scores in all areas of the Texas Assessment Test and is a pretty fair Trombone player. My oldest son is married and has made me a Grandfather twice already with another one on the way.(more to follow) Listed above are my blessings. These are the things that God has given me and I call them happiness.

No comments: