Thursday, August 26, 2010

Timid Excitement



August 26, 2010

This is the picture on my desktop right now. I change them on occasion but this one really tells a story. This is what it looks like when a soldier returns to his family. A kind of uneasy feeling almost like a second date is shown on his face and on his mind. You know the person, but not really. His eyes would really tell the story, if you could see them. This picture was taken in Dec 2005. This happy day is the day I returned from Iraq, the day when we were finally reunited with our families at Ft Hood.  She is just as beautiful today as she was when we met. Having this picture on my desk helps me to know that there is another happy reunion coming and also helps me know that the times when I am down that I am going home..

No comments: