Sunday, August 29, 2010

Normal? We don't need no stinkin' normal!

What is normal? Is normal the way we think we should be when everything around us is the way we like it, maybe peaceful. Is normal a state of mind that all people have when things are going their way? If that is the case then there is no normal. My idea of normal at this point in my life is finding a day to day routine. One that includes long hours so that my days might pass faster. 

Normal right now is knowing what day I can turn in my laundry so I will not run out of socks and t-shirts.

Normal for me is not normal for you.  The people in this country think normal is explosions and death on a daily basis, and have for hundreds of years. First it was King Darius, later Alexander the Great, then the Russians, now us. We do not want to take over this land, but are we trying to return these people to our Normal? Do the "Normal" people here, want peace and freedom? How can they if this generation has never seen it? 


So just exactly how do they know what normal is? I can tell that in one year's time normal to me will be a beautiful woman (yes, my wife) in one hand and a cold beer in the other..  That is my FUTURE NORMAL.

No comments: