Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another missed celebration

22 years of marriage and once again I am not home on my anniversary. To hear me say that you would think I was a bad husband. I have missed more anniversaries in my life, than I think I have made. This one was like the rest of the ones I have missed.

 I daydreamed about my wife and wondered what she was doing at that exact moment. I can now tell you, since the day has passed and the gift was received, that I had some earrings made for her here. I picked out two very nice Aqua Marine stones and had them placed in silver settings (no gold here). You don't just walk into the shop and find what you are looking for in most cases. They have numerous items on display but they also have loose stones of every shapes size and class. So Aqua Marine is what I chose. After carefully sifting through a pile of different sizes and shapes I finally found two that were a perfect match.

 It took them ten days to get them complete due to Ramadan (religious holiday). I was very worried about getting them back in time. They did not make it but the gift was not to terribly late. I also found a collapsible bowl at one local shop. It actually was the only thing I was going to send to her since the earrings did not turn out like I had hoped. The bowl is cut from wood and it will collapse or stay upright. To me it is nicer than the earrings but she really liked them both. And then the handmade card was the best of all she really liked it. I looked for a Hallmark store for a couple weeks and could not find one here. Hahaha.... The hardest thing to be away from is family.

Even though this is a late Blog since our Anniversary was 25 Sept. I still want to wish my Beautiful wife a Happy Anniversary and I pray for many more years when I can tell her in person and not on a phone.
Rosario I love you..............................

No comments: