Sunday, September 19, 2010

Everybody was Shakin'

Why are you shaking my bed? Get away from me. Damn it, I am not playing.
Then I was awake and the whole bed was shaking. It was as if I was the subject of a practical joke.  But when I opened my eyes the room was moving too. The bed was shaking and I was a bit nervous.
We live in Containers stacked one on top of another three levels high. I am in one of the ones in the middle. Never in my life have I experienced anything like that. It is a feeling of helplessness. I am told it was a really mild earthquake, so I cannot even imagine what a BIG earthquake would feel like. The news reports this morning that is was a 6.3-magnitude earthquake centered in Northern Afghanistan. No damage and no injuries were reported.  I guess I can add this experience to my list of firsts, just hope I can add it to my list of lasts too....


No comments: