Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jingle Truck



Here is the first of many pictures of Jingle Trucks. These trucks are wonderfully decorated with brightly colored themes and pictures. They get their names from the bells and things that hang off the sides of the trucks that "jingle" while they drive. I was asked to talk more about the country here, so here is the beginning of my description of this country. If you look in the back ground over the buildings you will see that the sky looks like it is white as snow. I assure you that is not the color, the sky color is in fact a tanish brown. The dust is nonstop. The bright colors of the jingle truck are a wonderful reminder of the local culture and they remind us that we are "not in Kansas" anymore.

The driver was an older man who smiled when I climbed on board but he was very careful not to show his face. After I shook his hand he leaned over away from the window in what seemed to me, an effort, to remain anonymous. IS this to avoid retribution from people who would likely kill him and his family for assisting the United States no one know for sure. I pray for him and his family as he like most people in the world is trying to earn a living..

No comments: