Sunday, September 26, 2010

Misdirected Anger

Have you ever met someone in a position of authority or supervisor who has no right being there? I have. I do not know if perhaps he was promoted too quickly up the chain or maybe he had bad mentorship in his early years but wow. The endless meetings where things are discussed so in depth and detail, that it is painful. I have heard of people getting "in the weeds" this guy is in the dirt under the weeds.
I have had the displeasure of speaking to him three times since my arrival and all three times he has been rude and just downright hateful. It is almost as if he resents my existence or something. By virtue of answering the phone I am the one in charge, or at least in his mind. I have been talked down on, for missing a meeting that does not even pertain to me. 
Then when I ask the ones who it pertains to, they say they do not know anything about it either. I know the man who mentored him and he was the  same way. So how can I fault the guy for acting like an a$$ if he was taught that way. Just wish all of the soldiers as a unit would come  together and tell him that we are people. We WILL do what he says on two conditions, one that he speak to us with dignity and respect, and that he listen to us when we talk and suggest a better idea. I think that is what a "staff" is all about. But who knows I am just a PBO. And I am thankful that I do not have to deal with him on a daily basis......

No comments: