Saturday, September 11, 2010

K.N.U.C.K.L.E. H.E.A.D.

Knucklehead.

I saw Todd in me today. We are so much alike but different in every way. While hanging pictures in my office to make my stay more comfortable I saw it, my smile on Todd's face. He is a little me. (Not really little at about 5'8" or so. 



Todd was born with an inflamed thyroid. It made his voice very deep. He too is one of the many blessings that God provided me with. He came at exactly the right time in life. We finally had our own house. It was very small for 3 people and a baby but it was filled with love.


Todd sometimes seems to be left in the background. His older brother sometimes overshadowed him. Todd is a strong child. He loves to read and his grades are Straight A's. He decided to play football this year and I am hopeful that I will get to see one or two of his games via video. It is times like this when I am away that I realize just how much Todd means to me. He was my little helper while we were repairing the house in Merkel. We have him on video dancing around saying "My dad is the dorkiest dork of dorky town". It was so cute but if you look at my face at the time I did not see just how cute it was. I am thankful we caught this moment on tape as it has made me realize things about my life that I need to change. Why can I not be in a good mood while working? Why does my attitude come across so negative? Why does it seem sometimes that the children who I love so dearly seem to be afraid of
me? 



TODD, I love you

No comments: