Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Pain

Today as I walked back to where I had left my bike I ran into a friend from another company. I really do not know him all that well but we had an occasion had to opportunity to talk. Today his face seemed sad through his fake smile. As we walked and talked he told me that he was soon to return home on leave. He then smiled, half-heartedly, and said when I get there I am getting a divorce. He said that he was okay with everything until she moved in with another man. How could this be happening to soldiers so far from home. I know that he had sat up at night and pondered what he should do. I seem to have this knack for spotting pain and usually through casual subtile comversation manage in my own way to help. I asked him how long he had been married. He told about a year now. This means that he married shortly before this "adventure" began and now, well now what. Hopefully God will reach down and touch him and sooth the aching in his heart. As we said our good-byes and I rode away I thanked God for my family. Please include this soldier in your prayers.

No comments: