Wednesday, August 17, 2005

More Pets

Here kitty kitty kitty. This morning I opened the door to the supply room and there it was on the shelf straight ahead. I cat sized thing that quite frankly scared the shit out of me. It was the biggest RAT I have ever seen. His eyes looked at me as if to say I ain’t afraid of you. He was quick too. I chased the thing around the supply room for a bit and then left it alone. This thing was huge. His tail was just a little bit smaller than the thickness of a pencil. We have been having troubles for a couple of days. The supply room does not have a lot of food items in it like we have at the “house”. But they have not come to the house. I don’t think that they can get in. These things are not little tiny mice. They are so big that they cannot get under the door.

We spent the day patching holes in the walls and the openings around the Air conditioners. This was the place of entry for some of these “loveable little demons”. We used to fish a lot but had quite for a long while yet the bate was still disappearing. We were able to get a case of slim Jims and had been using them as bate. We had them outside on the top of the fireplace/burn pit. This is a good place to keep them away from mice. But at only 4 foot off the ground I think the RAT just stepped up there with one step. We set a trap and bated it with you guessed slim Jim. Hopefully tonight we will get it and get it gone. We have removed 2 so far. One of my roommates did not want to kill the first one so I did it and then we threw it in the water and the fish ate it. Disgusting. Next night another one, this time he was good and stuck to the glue trap so he was thrown into the lake alive and yep you guessed it the fish ate it. I have become very aware that if I were to fall into this water that I would flail around and quickly get out, to make sure that the fish did not feast on me because I think they are flesh eaters. This place is off the chart, out there backwards odd.
First the scorpions, then it was the wild dogs/ coyotes, then possibility of Cobras, of course the never ending supply of flies, then the “Man eating fish” and now well now it is the “Kitty Rats”. What is in store for us next month? Flying elephants??????????

No comments: