Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Military Spouse

Do you know how to tell a military spouse from any other spouse? The military spouse is the one who when mad at the children yells, " Don't make me email your father". haha Well last night was round three of long distance car/truck repairs. The email said the it just goes click click click and will not start, but it can't be the battery because the radio works. I love my wife and my oldest son but they have no clue about how a vehicle works. After sending an email responce, I logged onto IM and saved us about 30 or 40 dollars if not more. Chevrolet has some quirks. One is that darned side post battery that always corrodes over time. Step by step I gave an in depth description of exactly how this repair was to be done. From the "Hood won't open" to the bolt is stripped out, my oldest son with my guidance has read the instructions and carried them out. Last night was a simple repair it went from Click click click to Vroom Vroom. I have heard stories of soldiers walking their wives or oldest kids through all kinds of repairs at home. From electrical to plumbing. If something is going to break it will do it when the one with the most knowledge of it is gone. Soldiers, Repairmen, Husbands and Dads we touch on a little bit of everything just making that bond of love grow stronger.

No comments: