Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What no stewardess????

22 August 2005
As I sit here in a C-130 (airplane) with Blackout lights on I am not worried. I have not let myself worry for sometime now. I know that I will go home when it is time and have not feared death in a while. The last trips were bothersome but this one is “fly down there do the job and fly back”. My dream of flying on a Blackhawk helicopter on hold for a while as there were no “helo” flights down to where I am going, so for now I sit in the belly of this beast sweating profusely awaiting for take-off. I sure hope the Air works because it is hot in here. I have been told that return flights are hard to get so a convoy may be in my future as a ride back to my temporary home in “the CITY”. For now C-130 nose down coming in for a landing. The pilots go nose down and drop out of the sky so they maintain a maximum altitude while over no mans land in case some one might shoot something at us. Well, one hour fifteen minutes south and very uneventful. At least to us inside this big beast but no telling what is going on outside the plane as we fly over no mans land. No in-flight movie no peanuts just hot and loud............... touchdown.

No comments: