Thursday, August 11, 2005

T. G. I. Monday (again)

Another manic Monday. Did not sleep worth a damn last night. I went to bed at around 10:30 and woke up every 15 minutes till 4 am. At 4 am the Generator that powers everything went out. The A/C went off and it got warm in a hurry. So I have been up since 4 am but feels like I have been up all night. Well due to the fact that there was no power it was quite difficult to make coffee so I started my day by eating at the Chow hall. Their coffee is horrible but it works. Prior to this I used some of the abundance of baby wipes sent to us by everyone. We have enough baby wipes to last for years. The water around here is controlled but electric pumps and with no electricity you guessed no water. So I shaved and brushed my teeth with bottled water. Okay so here I sit smelling like a baby behind and feeling sticky, Thanking God that they finally got the power back on. And in case you are wondering it is Wednesday the third Monday of the “normal” work week.

No comments: