Wednesday, August 31, 2005

the Road Ahead

27 August 2005
What happens next will keep you on the edge of your seat…..As It did me for some 36 hours. No flight to the CITY till Tuesday so the only alternative to get me back to work is Convoy through no mans land. I have wanted to get out of the walls for a while but not sure that this was exactly how I wanted to spend my time. So I get it set up and make contact with a seasoned young Staff Sergeant. His look was that of pride and it was obvious that he demanded respect from his troops and that he was given full respect. He told me what seat I would be riding in and I set out getting my stuff ready. I had already “acquired” (great supply word) extra ammo. I was carrying only a 9mm but I had 100 rounds for it. I had plenty of ammo but I was not ready for the road ahead. I am not sure if one could ever be ready for the road ahead.

No comments: