Friday, August 05, 2005

Rascal Flats and off on a tangent

As the beads of sweat rolled down under my uniform it began to soak my t-shirt. As I sit and watch I see the duct tape turn loose from the stage in the heat. Today Rascal Flatts was here to sing for us. It was a good performance a little short but these guys have not been in this heat for as long as we have. One of them opened up by saying "welcome to hell" and then corrected himself by saying that "it is 14 degrees hotter than hell here". He also said that now he knows what hell is like and he is going home to get right with the Lord. This was a crowd pleaser as we know that it is hot but have adjusted to it. They sang their songs for us and gave out some free CDs. This was another awesome thing. I don't know if they get paid for coming here to do what they do but no matter I am sure it is not enough. The show was an awesome testimony of how our presence here is effecting people back home and it feels good to know that we are cared about by many. The ones who don't support us or the President can pack up and leave the country that we defend. One thing that sickens me is Jane Fonda at it again. Who else is she going to piss off before she dies? I volunteer to give this woman a ride. A ride out of the country which she has betrayed and away from the veterans who cringe at the site of her on TV. She needs to disappear back under the rock from which she came......All MY opinion of course.
I do believe that people can be forgiven just not traitors to our nation and soldiers.

No comments: