Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Blah blah Blah Still here Blah Blah Blah

I have been a peace since the last time I wrote. I don't know but it just seems that nothing bothers me right now. I talked with a soldier in the chow hall who I know does not like me and we have avoided talking. I can't explain it. I put some thought and effort into a video and am putting lots more thought and effort into another one. I started reading another book. This one is about a Navy Chaplain who entered this country during the first days of the war. These were the true heros not me in my little house here. The heros of this world in my mind are the ones who got here first and the ones out in the streets everyday staring in the face of danger. My eyes have seen some very dangerous things here but none SO FAR have been directed at me. I am just here peaceful and at ease with everything around me. I got really involved in my book and when my friend came in I wondered why he was in uniform. I quickly snapped back into this world as I had been in my own little world while reading. I joked and carried on with family while IMing last night. The guys who got here first did not have that luxury. They only talked when they got the chance which was monthly at best. We do what we do and we volunteered to do it. Sometimes these things are overwelming but right now the feeling of peace is wonderful. I hope it will last.

No comments: