Sunday, July 17, 2005

ROA Rules of Assistance?

Yesterday my friend the Medic received a call. I am not sure as to where the call came from but it was about some Iraqi children who were injured. My understanding of the incident is that the two children where burned by a pot of boiling water. My friend and another medic went to their aid. They bandaged the burns of these two rather distraunt children. After getting them bandaged he loaded the children up and took them to a Military Hospital. How can this careing guesture be wrong. What happened today was unacceptable. He had to explain why he chose to help these children. "We did not hurt them so why did we help them". Are these children not people. I think of the ramifications of this. If we did not render aid would we have made another enemy here in a country that we are trying to help? Why would it be wrong to help someone in need? I guess this is another case of a caring soldier doing what he thinks is right. I support his decision even if the upper chain does not. He put himself in harms way on the outside of the wall to help injured children. This is worthy of a hero status not a questionable status. God heal these children and heal this country. Let them stand on their own and fight for the freedoms that all Man-kind deserves.

No comments: