Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Reflections

As I see the moon reflect on the water.
I too reflect, yet my reflections are from memory.
I reflect on the love that I have for her. So far away,
I see as the moon shimmers on the water, the brown in her eyes
soft yet strong. In them I see an undying love for me I sometimes
find it hard to believe that she could possible love me as much as I
love her. It just seems impossible. As my eyes adjust to the Darkness my
memories become that much clearer. I am there with her and she is in my arms. Thinking laughing and enjoying the moment all too aware that the moment will end
as quickly as it began. I see her smile, her long black hair and the smell of that familiar perfume in the night air. Missing her, being alone is a circle closing in on me. The blackness comes and goes. It seems to open up when we talk and close in on me until we talk again. As a fish hits the top of the water in the black of night, I watch the ripples carry across the moon as the feeling of alone returns.

No comments: