Sunday, July 03, 2005

Supply Assistance

Today I spent the entire day teaching the system of supply that I have used for two years to another supply sgt. Upon arrival I checked out his accounting set-up or lack there of. There was paperwork everywhere in this book and that book and copies of everything made in triplicate and then a couple thrown in for good measure. The Supply SGT who handles this is on leave so I was asked to assist by the SGT who is taking care of business while he is away. I could see a little bit of effort that he had put forth to make things right but he just needed a push in the right direction. I have worked and refined my program for two years and I know that if I, like he were, were to have started the month prior to the begining of this adventure I would have looked a far site worse. Some people get dumped into jobs that they have no business doing and yet others just lack the know how to get this done on their own. I do not care for this person but I do not want to see anyone fail so I have volunteered to give of my time to help get things taken care of. It will take some time but I think we together can get him out of this hole.

No comments: