Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Withdrawls

As I sit here hands trembling, face pale and body twitching and not able to calm it. I wonder why would I ever do something that would make me feel this way. It was 1988 and I thought I looked cool with a Cigarette in my mouth. These thoughts were replaced by need and then by addiction. I have off and on smoked or dipped for some 17 years now. More than half of my life. Today is the final day. As I sit here head going 900 miles a minute hands twitching so bad that this would be un-intellegable if not for the backspace button and spell check. I QUIT. The ulcers on both sides of my mouth a reminder that what I have been doing to my body is unhealthy and wrong. I have been abusing the temple that God made for me. I QUIT. I sit and read the instructions for the patch and it says that not everyone quits using this system. The 21 mG of Nicotene that are released slowly over a 24 hour period will not give me the same nicotene that is in one Dip of Copenhagen. THis time it will not matter because I quit. This will be the last time I speak of this habit.

No comments: