Tuesday, April 05, 2005

3 o'clock Wake-up

3 o’clock Wake-up
After spending half the night packing, 3 o’clock was entirely too early. It is finally time to go and get the mission started. As we boarded the plane, uneasiness came over me, a flashback to another C-130 flight. As we taxied down the runway the loadmaster opened the cargo door for what I am unclear. As the door closed my heart began to race and my hands shook as I nervously rubbed my protector (my weapon). Closter-phobia has always plagued me, and this put me back in that state of mind. I am unsure why I feel this way because the inside of the plane would fit three full size SUVs without a problem, but never the less I had to talk myself through it. Not many of my fellow soldiers know of my fear because it is a sign of weakness and I choose not to say anything. Some soldiers sleep others read and others gaze off as if to ask what next. One and a half hours and we are in BAGHDAD.

No comments: