Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Fears Gone

Fear’s gone
We have been here now for going on three months. The fear of new is gone and forgotten. As I read back over these pages I have written I laugh and I cry. The emotion written on these pages brought back to life just add eyes. I remember all of the fears and all of the uncertainties and wonder. Life will never be the same but it really is not all that different. I am finally able to see the clear bright eyes of some of our soldiers who drank way too much at Fort Hood. You see how soldiers react to the distance and how differently they think between here and home. Most of us have adapted to the change without ever hitting the wall. I know in the early stages of this deployment you hardly saw a bowed head in the chow hall giving thanks for the food. Now it is ever apparent that some soldiers have once again turned to God for help with whatever ales them. I remember in basic training that all soldiers found God, not really but this was a place that the Drill Sgt could not mess with you. So everyone went to church. I see it differently now. These young soldiers are praying and talking with God. I think back on my life and wonder if I had known God a little sooner in my life where would I be now? Fear is gone. Living each day like it is the day before we leave and loving my wife more and more as our separation passes. Family, the reason I wake up in the morning Family and Country the reason I do the job that I do. God a new guide in my life through him all things are possible.

No comments: