Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Flight

The flight
“ Flight time to Frankfurt Germany is just short of 9 hours with continuing service to Kuwait”, says the captain as we prepare for take off. This is it. We are finally on our way. On our way to what? Was the training adequate enough to get us through? God only knows. Will this be my last flight or is this just the beginning of an experience that I will never forget? The people, the land this is what we have trained for. Will it be anything like what we expected? With my weapon under my seat and the ground so far below, my fear of flying over the water is drowned out by the building fear of what’s next. Will God answer my pleas to bring us home safe? With life is death and with death new life, but what does this life have in store for us next. The world has changed and now we are like a world police, with some in total agreement and some not. Like dad said before I left “I understand it but I don’t like it none the less.” I as well support this effort and also don’t like it. If this is my time to go let me go like a brave hero and not a dumb coward. Dios nos ayudamos.

No comments: