Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Daily Life

Daily Life
Today I felt for the first time a slow depression. The sadness is always evident, in the people in the location and the colors. The color of this place is tan. everything covered with a thick layer of dust, dirt or sand. The sharpness in life seems to have faded to these same damned colors. I remember as a kid I had bad eye site. Mom took me to Sears and I had my eyes checked and when I put on glasses for the first time the world was sharp crisp and colorful. Now it is as if my eye site has faded back to the same as when I was young. I long for the green grass and trees. The palms have no green this time of year and grass is non-existent except for some places where it is obvious that someone has planted it. Upon arrival I marveled at the structure built by this tyrant. Now they too have lost excitement and have blended into the drab background in which I now live. This just goes to show you another proof that the old adage you don’t know what you have till its gone is ever so true.

No comments: