Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Manic Monday

Manic Monday
Everyday is Monday. It is like the ground hog sees his Monday shadow everyday. Everyday is the same just like the last. Nothing changes here. The chow is the same the same the same. I just wish for Taco Bell or Taco Bueno or heck even Mc Donald’s. They have a Burger King on the other side but it is always so crowded that I have not eaten there yet. I came here with some money in my pocket and still have some of the same money in my pocket. There is just nothing. I work till late because nothing matters. It is just life. I know we have it good. I have been to the other side of the camp. Those guys have it rougher than we do by far. They live in tents in a dusty nasty place. The bathrooms are separate so if you need to shower or what have you, you have to walk. I thank God that we are where we are but wish we were somewhere else. I am here for a reason whether it is understood or not. I know that I exist for a reason and the only thing I can say is that I exist. I exist so others in this country can exist. Existence is a strange thing. Why are we here? Death comes to all whether it is quick and meaningless or slow and painful. It is just a fact of life. For the first time however I can say that I existed for a reason and God only knows if my existence will be longer or shorter than I hope. This comes on Monday the eve of Monday and the day before Monday and you guessed it yesterday was Monday too.

No comments: