Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sunset


Sunset
As I sit and think of all that has gone wrong today I look through the pictures that I have taken. I remember this sunset. It was so beautiful. The tents bring back the thoughts of Kuwait. Everything we owned was covered in a fine layer of sand. The tents were packed with 50 to 60 troops with all of our gear and we waited. We waited for the day to come. The thoughts of Christmas at home still fresh in our minds. When the call finally came it was 1000 in the evening and I was told that I would leave at 3 am. We were on the weapons test fire range. After we finally made it back to the tents I packed all of my things and left only what I needed to sleep. By then it was 12 midnight and man was I tired. The next morning would be an eye close away. The whole night I dreamt of the upcoming plane flight. The flashback of horror only allowed for 30 minutes worth of sleep tops.

No comments: